ENGLISH USEFUL EXPRESSIONS 12
- a. He spent the whole afternoon making a model ship.
b. They spent a long time watching and recording the habits of animals and insects.
- a. They would collect all kinds of creatures.
b. My grandfather would often go fishing before the sun rose.
- a. I had nothing but stories in my head at that time.
b. We could see nothing but the sky and the sea around us.
- a. The bools became more and more popular.
b. The days are getting shorter and shorter.
- a. They discovered they had much in common.
b. The tow brothers seem to have little in common.
- a. She wanted to make sure that the district was preserved for future generations.
b. Please make sure again (that) everybody has arrived.