ENGLISH USEFUL EXPRESSIONS 25
- a. Their history was passed down across the generations by word of mouth.
b. By word of mouth the news spread all over the town.
- a. Her father would point out to her various things and name them in his own language.
b. Can you point out her cousin in this picture?
- a. If you come to my office, I’ll tell you the story in detail.
b. Out of the “griot’s" head came pouring the history in unbelievable detail.
- a. You were participating in one of the oldest ceremonies of humankind.
b. If I had the time, I would participate in the game.
cf.Hundreds of thousands of people take part in this festival.
- a. Who tore out pages 16 and 17 from this magazine?
b. Their forefathers had been torn out from Africa.