ENGLISH GRAMMAR 29
- This kind of dance is one of the first ways for children to express their own feelings.
cf. It is very kind of you to help me.
- Mr Brown found it important for his daughter to solve the problem by herself.
(=Mr. Brown found it important that his daughter should solve the problem by herself.)
B. S + seem [appear, happen] + 不定詞
- Mary seems to be ill.
(=It seems that Mary is ill.)
- Ballet dancers appear to resist gravity with their leaps.
- I happened to see a TV star near the station.
C. 対称の意味を表す接続詞while [where]
- While ballet dancers are trying to reach up to join God, in Nihon buyo, the music and dancing allow us to forget ourselves.
- Where ballet dancers resist gravity with their leaps, Nihon buyo dancers seem pulled down toward the Earth.