ENGLISH GRAMMAR 30
- The Maoris are said to have come to New Zealand around A.D. 900.
(=It is said that the Maoris came to New Zealand around A.D. 900.)
- He seems to have been waiting for his girlfriend.
B. That [Thisなど] + be動詞 + 関係副詞節
- This is how we started the adventure.
(=This is the way we started the adventure.)
- That is why there are mountains in the North Island.
(=That is the reason there are mountains in the North Island.)
C. S+ V+ O(=疑問詞節[句]), S + V+ O + O(=疑問詞節[句])
- Maori myths explain how the gods created the world.
- Good leaders always show us what we should do in a crisis.
- “As I’m a stranger here, I don’t know which way to go."