A. 部分否定(not + all, both, everyなど)
- Life is not all pain.
- The rich are not always happy.
- Not every winner gets the yellow jersey.
- If Jill were [was] here, she would help us.
cf. As she is not here, she cannot help us.
- If life were all pain, it would be unbearable.
- Supposing you could go abroad, where would you like to go first?
- If we had not overcome many difficulties, we could not have felt great happiness.
cf. We overcame many difficulties, so we were able to feel great happiness.
- If the program had not been troubled by political problems, there might have been very good cooperation.