A. 譲歩を表す副詞節[句] まとめ
- You can listen to the wind whether it blows through a forest or sings a chorus around the eaves of your house.
- Wherever you are and whatever your resources, you can still look up at the sky.
- Whomever in the classroom the teacher may ask, he will not get any answer on this point.
cf. On her birthday, Jane could choose whichever she wanted as a gift.
- Though [Although] Susie felt sorry for herself, she never gave up.
- Poor as we were in knowledge, we were full of hopes and ideals.
(=Though we were poor in knowledge, we were full of hopes and ideals.)
- With all his faults, I will love my husband.
- For all his strength, the rider wants to be better at bicycle racing.
*even if [though], in spite of など