ENGLISH GRAMMAR 33
- Ethnocentrism is the belief that one’s own patterns of behavior are the best.
- No one can help admitting the fact that smoking is bad for the health.
B. no matter how [what, whenなど] (=however [whatever, wheneverなど])
- There is no one who is not ethnocentric, no matter how liberal he or she might claim to be.
- However tired you may be, you have to finish your job by 5:00 p.m.
- No matter what he says, don’t believe him.
- Whenever I invite her to a movie, she is always willing to go.
cf. Whenever I listen to that music, I remember playing with my cousin in early childhood.